Tarmac Driveways by NR Coppard Groundworks
Professional groundworks for Sussex, Kent and surrounding areas
Call us now to arrange a free quotation
Tarmac Driveways and Recreation Areas
Tarmac driveways are our speciality. A driveway is one of the main focal points of any property and, with over 30 years experience, our competent team of professionals will guarantee a neat-looking and well-built drive with a smooth Tarmacadam finish. Our substantial skills and resources make us equal to any challenge or specification. No job is too difficult or too large - we have built everything from small domestic driveways to children's play areas to very large garden centre car parks.
We will consult with you closely and offer advice throughout the project, to ensure your are in control of all key decisions, and that you get the results you desire.
A Brief History of Tarmac
- 1820s: John McAdam invents a new economical method for surfacing roads, using small stones
- An improved version of the method becomes known as "water-bound Macadam"
- 1854: The first "tar-bound Macadam" road surface is laid in Paris
- 1902: Edgar Hooley patents the modern Tarmac method, which pre-mixes aggregate and tar, and compacts it using a steamroller
- The growth of motorised traffic in the 20th century creates a huge demand for tarmac roads
- 1920s - present: Innovations continue, including the development of asphalt concrete and coloured aggregates
As leading tarmac driveway contractors, we have an extensive portfolio of work throughout the region. Our standards of workmanship are second to none and our rates are extremely competitive. We cover every aspect of the project, from initial groundworks and preparation to final surfacing.
A FREE quotation is available on request for any of the following:-
- Car Parks
- Tennis Courts
Call us now on 01435 813888 or 01892 669163, or email: eml
Call 01435 813888
or 01892 669163